Tuesday, November 18, 2014

49er Fever Hits Beanie on a Bulky

 
Using my Team Spirit yarn I've been knitting up some beanies for a 49er party at my house.  This time I wanted to experiment with knitting it in the round.  I knew the ribbing couldn't be done circularly and it reminded me that Diana Sullivan had an easy technique to get this done.  I used the method she demonstrates in her sock video. It can be found on part one of Knitting a Sock on the Standard Machine.

From there I followed the Regular Guy Beanie instructions.  It's a free pattern on Ravelry.  I've written up what I've done.  Of course the instructions make perfect sense to me.  It makes an adult woman sized beanie.  So, you guys give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Beanie on a Bulky circularly knit


No comments:

Post a Comment