Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 17 "25 Days of Diana"

Well, I'm hooked on Diana's Warm Ribbed Scarf video.  I'm madly in love with the look of the Fisherman's Rib and the yarn I'm using.  It is so rich and luscious and I'm not exaggerating.  I must have said I was in love with the Fisherman's Rib swatch I did enough that my son asked jokingly, "Really mom how much in love with it are you?"  I said, "Why yes I'd marry it if I wasn't already married.  That's how much I love it."  We had a good laugh.


So, as you know from Day 16 I started a Fisherman's Rib scarf.  I made this one starting on needle 12 on the ribber on the left and needle 12 starting on the right with the knitting machine.  I felt like I would want a scarf to be a tad thinner.  Maybe if I lived in Minnesota I'd need the full thickness, but I'm in California and it was 70 degrees on Friday.  I just want to wrap a gorgeous scarf around my neck for show.

(See stitch marker to the left above cast on comb)

Also on Day 16 I had some dropped stitches.  I put a stitch marker on that spot and waited for it to drop below the ribber so I could get a good look.  After spending 4 hours knitting with teenagers I finally got some time to work on my scarf again.  What I found was I did a great job getting the scarf back on track... or... err... needles.  Once I take the marker off even I won't know where the mishap was.  I knitted until I had to add another skein.  I got it started and then figured with my coughing and hacking I better get to bed at a decent hour.

I can see myself making 3 or 4 of these before Christmas.  I hope I don't bore you to tears.

1 comment:

  1. No, it's not boring. You remind me of some of my experiences when I first got a knitting machine. Hang in there; you're doing great. Perseverance pays off. Isn't Diana terrific.
    Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete