Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 15 "25 Days of Diana"

Well, I was having problems today in one way or another.  After successfully knitting Fisherman's rib on Thursday my knitting machine wouldn't work on Friday.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I would run the carriage across and it would get stuck with 4 needles sticking out.  It worked great the day before.  After much examining and slowing moving it across I decided to just do a cleaning.  Nothing much to clean, but I hadn't done it in a while.  I took a soft cloth put some oil on it and rub down the working parts of my machine and carriage.  Lots of black color came off.  I pulled a small fuzzy out here and there nothing too alarming.  Then I went to put the carriage back on and it slide across like nothing was every wrong.  Did I fix it?  Apparently so.  I don't know what I did, but something wasn't moving the needles back and now it was.

I've also been fighting a cold this week.  Well, denying I have a cold is more like it, but yesterday it really dawned on me that I was sick.  After "fixing" my machine for an hour or so I was feeling really tired and run down.  Dear Daughter said, "Mom why don't you go to bed early."  It was a little after nine and I thought that sounds like a great idea.

I feel like I didn't let my Diana challenge down as she suggests we all spend some time at our knitting machines every day.  Today ended up being a maintenance day.

No comments:

Post a Comment